Oral cancer screening with oral ID
Your oral health is important to us and Dr. Jesse was one of the first dentists in the country to implement this technology. Before, only people who smoke and drank heavily were concerned about oral cancer. Now with HPV being extremely common we find it very important to screen all our patients no matter the age. We screen every patient during your routine cleaning appointment. OralID uses a proven, optically based technology called, "fluorescence technology." OralID's fluorescence technology uses a blue light (435–460 nm) that provides Dr. Jesse an aid in visualization of oral cancer, pre-cancer, and other abnormal lesions.
HPV is the cause of the fastest growing oral cancer population under the age of 45 and is responsible for a 15x increase in oral cancer diagnosis.
• 40% of new diagnosis are YOUNG, NON-SMOKERS
• 45,750 new cases of oral cancer of the oral cavity & pharynx
• 69% of oral cancers are found in LATE STAGE
• Men are 2x more likely to develop general oral cancers
• HPV - related cancers are 6-7 time more common in men than women
• Number of oral cancers has increased over a 7 year period, where all other cancers have declined